Increase Health, Vitality and Resilience!
The Walking Way: Stepping Into Awareness is a truly original program you can use to increase well-being while cultivating awareness. In The Walking Way, Carrie Lafferty (Physical Therapist, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, and Master Healing Qi Gong Teacher), uses 26 years of experience to bring together the very old Chinese practice known as Qi Gong with a 20th-century system of movement education called The Feldenkrais Method®.
The Feldenkrais Method uses movement exploration to change functional behavior and self-image. Learn to release unconscious and often uncomfortable habits by developing an awareness of how you move. Carrie has created six walking Awareness Through Movement® lessons, pairing each with a Qi Gong meditation.
Gong means to study or to cultivate; Qi is the vital life force. Practicing Qi Gong fosters ease in your body, between your body and mind, in your connection to others, and in your connection to nature. Carrie’s meditations foster in you the inherent Qi of nature’s five basic elements: water, fire, wood, metal, and earth.
In undertaking the Awareness Through Movement lesson and then the Qi Gong meditation, you may become aware of a spiraling connection between them. This ever-deepening spiral is the very point. Awareness Through Movement lessons and Qi Gong meditations are merely vehicles by which you develop awareness for the entirety of your life. Every moment spirals into deeper discernment. Action harmonizes to intent, giving rise to wisdom, efficiency, and ease.
CD 1: Endure
- From the Introduction
- Lesson 1: Growing Forward and Backward with Graceful Ease: 49:08 Min.
- Meditation 1: Wood Element: 14:05 Min.
CD 2: Clarity
- Lesson 2: Creating Side-to-Side Dynamic Simplicity: 49:51 Min.
- Meditation 2: Metal Element: 7:11 Min.
CD 3: Transform
- Lesson 3: Burning Brightly Between Sky and Ground: 48:45 Min.
- Meditation 3: Fire Element: 8:06 Min.
CD 4: Nurture
- Lesson 4: Connecting Soul to Earthly Sole: 46:02 Min.
- Meditation 4: Earth Element: 6:25 Min.
CD 5: Flow
- Lesson 5: Connecting to the Sustaining Flow of Wisdom: 45:33 Min.
- Meditation 5: Water Element: 11:21 Min.
CD 6: Potentiality
- Lesson 6: Expanding to Know Interconnection Within: 61:09 Min.