We sit…a lot!
An article in LiveScience cites studies that say sitting is killing us!
But we are all living longer…which means we are sitting even more…so
what can we do?
Maybe we all sit too much, so as long as we are doing that, why not sit
We live in a world of chairs, but how well do we get in and out of them,
sit or stay comfortable on them, and in any kind of chair? And what
about the floor? When was the last time you were comfortable there?
Sitting is more than just sitting! Sitting is not just a resting place,
it’s also a transition point. From standing to sitting, from sitting to
lying, and all the way back up again.
Come and understand how sitting is much more than your bottom resting on
In this audio program, you will discover what helps you use any
chair…sit anywhere…in a dynamic way…using more of yourself. Get more
comfortable sitting in chairs…sitting on the floor
Get better at getting in and out of any chair. Get better at coming up
and down from the floor. And all the things you do while sitting can get
easier…reading, writing, eating, and just hanging out!
Come to this workshop because sit is going to happen…so why not do it
Table of contents
- – Intro / Humor / My job / The Method / Kindness / What is sitting? / How to do it all
- – ATM 1- Sitting…in all directions
- – Discussion / The ground!
- – ATM 2 – Coming to sit with your skeleton and the floor
- – Discussion / Habits / Initiation / Inverted Judo-transmission of force / Distribution of effort / What would improve your sitting?
- – ATM 3 – Spiraling up and down
- – Discussion / Connection and range / Healthy origin of movement / Benjamin Zandler!
- – ATM 4 – Sitting to…!!!
- – Discussion / Being tired / What to expect / 2 kinds of truth / Making the abstract concrete / Motor learning & systems theory / It depends! / What forms us / I feel short! / What is the best chair? / My aunt & uncle’s chairs
- – ATM 5 – Half a chair sitting: Dropping one buttock
- – Discussion / Clarifying connections / Symmetry / Laughter…humor
- – ATM 6 – Another way of getting to sitting…to another way of sitting…to standing
- – Discussion / Cramps / Lessons as preparation / Being healthy
- – ATM 7 – Dual pelvic clocks
- – Discussion / Awareness…the bad news…the really bad news…the good news!!!
- – ATM 8 – Sit to stand with different placement of your feet
- – Good posture / Reversibility / Comfort for action…airplane seats
- – One more thing! And goodbyes!