Easier, more comfortable living can emerge from a more efficient use of our skeleton, yet this ability is a hidden and relatively unperceived aspect of who we are.
The function of our skeleton to bear weight and transmit force is underutilized in our everyday use. Finding our skeleton allows a new way for us to interact with our environment.
Through Awareness Through Movement® (ATM®), we will discover how we can become more “skeletal,” resulting in a new and more vital sense of ourselves in a truly foundational way.
- Intro and some of the ideas we’ll be exploring – 14:16
- ATM 1: Using The Ground To Move Yourself – 57:59
- Discussion: Using ourselves in surprising ways, A change is how different we are from our habitual way of sensing ourselves – 06:56
- ATM 2: Turning Through The Top Of Your Head – 30:45
- Discussion: How novelty can affect us, The antagonistic relationship of our muscles, Ben Gurion standing on his head – 05:03
- ATM 3: Rocking And Oscillating Through Yourself #1 – 43:27
- Discussion: Stable… mobile… stable, Uncomfortable or unfamiliar – 03:28
- ATM 4: Minimal Lifting – Organizing Yourself At The Initiation – 35:30
- Discussion: Lots of ideas – 21:39
- ATM 5: Impossible Lifting Or Possible Pressing – 45:45
- Discussion: And more ideas – 04:58
- ATM 6: Sitting To Stand With More Of Yourself – 37:43
- Discussion: What changes, Reminding ourselves, The feeling of surprise and utilizing things – 05:07
- Discussion: What is a well organized movement, Feelings, Sympathetic vibrations – 05:45
- ATM 7: Rocking And Oscillating Through Yourself #2 – 43:22
- Discussion: What if I don’t feel something – 02:06
- ATM 8: Walking With Your Back… Letting The Force Go Through You – 30:59
- Discussion: What we do with our bellies, Remembering to like yourself – 03:35