Functional Integration lessons are a one-to-one approach tailored to the client’s unique needs and organization. Through skillful manipulation, the client is slowly and gently moved in ways that profoundly influence their organization at a neurological level. Through these lessons, overall functioning and sense of well-being improve, and problems diminish or resolve.
Why Choose the Feldenkrais Method®?
- Eliminate pain and discomfort
- Improve brain fitness and physical intelligence
- Move smarter, easier and younger
- Replace limiting habits with comfortable patterns of movement
- Heal faster and more completely from injuries
- Discover natural good posture and better balance
Al has Experience Working with the Following:
- Back, neck and pelvic pain
- Recovery from injuries and surgeries
- Improved performance in physical activities such as equestrianism, tennis, running and walking
- Chronic Pain
- TMJ Issues
- Spinal fusions and scoliosis
- Fibromyalgia, MS, stroke and other neurological and auto-immune disorders
- Older adults with Alzheimers and dementia
People Al has helped through the Functional Integration
- Here is a small sampling of the range of issues I have worked with and the time frames in which change takes place, to help you set realistic expectations for your outcomes.
- An older gentleman had a mysterious neurological disease. While the disease was incurable and degenerative, I was able to help him maintain flexibility, function, and comfort for five years before he was unable to leave his house.
- A woman in her late 70’s was thrown from her horse. She had a minor fracture of the 3rd lumbar vertebra. She is now 81 and rides nearly every weekend. She is often seen wearing a t-shirt that reads “To ride, or not to ride… Stupid Question.”
- My father was dying of cancer. He suffered greatly toward the end of his life. However, through Feldenkrais lessons, I was able to make those last months much more comfortable for him. The process brought us a profound connection that we had not had prior.
- An active woman in her 60s was immobilized with a sudden onset of sciatic pain. Within ten lessons, she was back to her optimal level of performance – walking, running and hiking. She continues lessons with me realizing that she can go from feeling good to feeling great.
- A woman in her 70s was facing surgery to fuse some of her lumbar vertebrae. Over the course of 10 lessons and continued participation in my class, she was able to avoid surgery and now has a healthy back and continues with monthly lessons.
- A man in his 30’s who had a complete spinal fusion from his pelvis to the 6th cervical vertebra in an attempt to correct severe scoliosis came to me for stiffness and pain. He experienced his back as being rigid and immobile like a board. Over the course of 15 lessons, we were able to cultivate subtle movements between the vertebra. He was also able to perceive and accomplish more movement through the ribcage. He developed the ability to move, turn and change position much more easily. He is so much more comfortable and happy now.
- A tennis player in his 50’s had an onset of tennis elbow. Over the course of several lessons, he learned to involve his chest, spine, and pelvis in the movement of his arm. The pain was gone and his game improved.
- An ice skater fell, landing on her right hand. The injury progressed and resulted in a frozen shoulder. It took several months of weekly lessons to resolve the injury fully. She has fully regained the use her right hand and arm.
- A woman in her 30’s had severe TMJ issues that caused pain in her neck, shoulders, and face. We did a series of 15 lessons focusing on integrating the movements of her jaw with the rest of herself. She is now pain-free.
- In her early 50s, a woman who had severe anxiety found that her anxiety had dropped from a 10 to a 1.5 after attending classes and receiving private lessons for several months.
- A woman in her 60’s came to me for back pain. The pain resolved quickly. She finds the process of learning through Functional Integration lessons fun and fascinating and continues lesson every other week for her personal development.
Rates for Private Lessons:
$120 per Lesson; $500 for 5 Lessons ($100 each)
Cash, Check, Credit Card or Debit Card
Days and Times:
Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm
Al Wadleigh, GCFP
2833 State Highway 14 N
Madrid, NM 87010