Come explore the unique, transformative power of the Feldenkrais Method®, acclaimed for its ability to improve both your body and psyche by accessing the plasticity of your brain. David Zemach-Bersin is among the world's foremost Feldenkrais Teachers and one of the first Americans to be trained by Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. He worked closely with Dr. Feldenkrais in Europe, the U.S. and at the Feldenkrais Institute in Tel-Aviv from 1973-1984. He is an honors graduate of U.C. Berkeley, the Co-Author of Relaxercise (HarperCollins), a popular introduction to the Feldenkrais Method, as well as many Feldenkrais audio programs. The New York City program is organized in conjunction with the Feldenkrais Institute of New York, the largest center in the U.S. devoted to the work of Dr. Feldenkrais.
The Feldenkrais Training Program will give you the tools for improving your own health and well-being, while gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to help others, as an accredited Feldenkrais Practitioner. The Feldenkrais Method is internationally recognized for its remarkable ability to access the power of the nervous system to create change and improvement. It is a proven and sophisticated integration of movement science, neuroscience, and psychology, which creates the necessary conditions for new, healthy, and effective patterns of thinking, moving, feeling and acting to emerge in people of all ages. There are no specific pre-requisites for admission. Participants in previous programs have ranged from 18-80 years of age. We accept students regardless of profession, age, gender or physical abilities.
Students Will Enjoy:
- Improved posture, greater flexibility, better coordination and greater ease of movement, increased vitality, regardless of your age or physical ability.
- Skills that can improve the lives of others and a revolutionary paradigm that produces an extraordinary environment for learning and healing.
- A multitude of unique approaches for effectively helping adults and children with a wide range of chronic aches and pains, orthopedic and neurological problems.
- Profound psychological and emotional growth through self-discovery and increased self-knowledge, and an understanding of the somatic aspects of emotions, habits, and body image.
- Ways to recognize and transform – for yourself and others – the underlying patterns that create physical pain, stress and strain.
- Freedom to be self-employed and options for employment in schools, clinics, hospitals, and universities.
- Ways to enhance and invigorate your current profession with innovative tools for learning and teaching.
- Innovative applications for working with people in areas such as music, theater, dance and athletic performance.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: http://www.feldenkraisinstitute.com/training_program/
- Start Date: August 2017. If room available, accepting new students thru February 2016.
- Tuition: $4,750 per year
- Location: Feldenkrais Institute of New York
Media: Feldenkrais Professional Training Program