Does effortless gardening sound like a contradiction in terms? It isn't. Many gardeners suffer needlessly because they use their bodies improperly. The Effortless Gardening program teaches you practical body movement techniques that make gardening nearly effortless.
You will learn the Pain Equation — and how to reverse it. You'll improve your flexibility and body awareness by doing the audio recorded Feldenkrais movement lessons. The Effortless Gardening program even coaches you while you're gardening!
Don't let pain prevent you from pursuing your passion. It's possible to feel great the day after gardening — let the Effortless Gardening program show you how!
The full Effortless Gardening program contains:
- One DVD or MP4 Video (22 min.)
- Two CDs or MP3 Audios (133 min.)
- Included with the audio lessons is a written guide
The video and audio information does not overlap; they are separate parts of the Effortless Gardening program which are designed to complement each other. The DVD presents the Effortless Gardening theory and easy-to-understand, visually presented do's and don'ts of injury prevention in the garden. The audio portion is comprised of Feldenkrais lessons and coaching sessions designed to re-educate your movement habits in your gardening activities. However, the video and audio are available separately from one another.
Effortless Gardening Video
The video introduces the principles of the Effortless Gardening program. It teaches you the Pain Equation and shows the best way to do many typical gardening activities. The video shows how to ease pain in knees, hands, wrists, neck, shoulders and back. It also demonstrates the best ways to do the following tasks:
- Using a wheelbarrow
- Relieve stress!
Effortless Gardening Audio
The personalized coaching sessions ground the Effortless Gardening theory in your own body. Do the coaching task before the Awareness Through Movement lesson, and then again after the lesson. Notice if it's easier afterward, even without specific coaching.
The Feldenkrais lessons and coaching sessions help you find your own way to effortlessly embody the tips presented on the DVD.
The Audio Includes:
- Lesson 1: Finding Your Hip Joints
- Coaching 1: Using Long-Handled Tools, like shoveling, hand-tilling, raking and hoeing
- Listen to an Excerpt from the First Coaching Session
- Lesson 2: Supporting Your Hands
- Coaching 2: Pushing Equipment, such as a rototiller, wheelbarrow or lawn mower
- Lesson 3: Effortless Weeding
- Coaching 3: Working Near the Ground, such as digging, planting, weeding, etc.
- Lesson 4: Effortless Squatting
- Coaching 4: Working Bent Over and Lifting, including harvesting, weeding, planting seeds or bulbs, and lifting pavers, heavy bags of mulch, or shovelfuls of compost.
The program guide introduces Miriam Levenson, explains the Feldenkrais Method® in terms of gardening, and tells you how to get the best results from the Effortless Gardening program. Refer back to this guide when you're curious or confused.
ReviewsLogin to review this product
People Also Bought
Media: MP4 Video and MP3 Audio